- the pressure of the circulating blood against the walls of the blood vessels; results from the systole of the left ventricle of the heart; sometimes measured for a quick evaluation of a person’s health; “adult blood pressure is considered normal at 120/80 where the first number is the systolic
- The pressure of the blood in the circulatory system, often measured for diagnosis since it is closely related to the force and rate of the heartbeat and the diameter and elasticity of the arterial walls
- The following is an episode list for the MTV animated television series Beavis and Butt-head. The series has its roots in 1992 when Mike Judge created two animated shorts – “Frog Baseball” and “Peace, Love & Understanding” – which were later aired on Liquid Television.
- The hydrostatic force that blood exerts against the wall of a vessel.
- disturbance: a disorderly outburst or tumult; “they were amazed by the furious disturbance they had caused”
- Time management refers to a range of skills, tools, and techniques used to manage time when accomplishing specific tasks, projects and goals.
- Ado; A task that has been noted as one that must be completed, especially on a list; A fuss made over something, commotion
- (after a measurement and in questions) Measuring a specified distance from top to bottom
- greater than normal in degree or intensity or amount; “a high temperature”; “a high price”; “the high point of his career”; “high risks”; “has high hopes”; “the river is high”; “he has a high opinion of himself”
- at a great altitude; “he climbed high on the ladder”
- Of great vertical extent
- Far above ground, sea level, or another point of reference
- a lofty level or position or degree; “summer temperatures reached an all-time high”
THE CONTROVERSY SURROUNDING HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE ..
This picture is about the realities of HIGH BLOOD PRESSURE and what can happen if we don’t do the required things to take care of our bodies ..
High blood pressure is an important risk factor for heart attack, stroke and other cardiovascular problems. All races are represented among the estimated 50 million Americans who have high blood pressure — defined as a systolic pressure of 140 or higher or a diastolic pressure of 90 or higher. But some races — African-Americans in particular — suffer disproportionately from high blood pressure.
The rate of high blood pressure for African-Americans in the U.S. ranks among the highest in the world, according to the American Heart Association. More than 36% of African-American men have high blood pressure, compared to 25.2% for white men and 24.2% for Hispanic men. The comparative rates for women are similar.
We ALL need to make sure to take care of ourselves and do what we can to take care of the vessel that we have been given. I definitely intend to get back into a regimen before I have to use these pills in this pic again ..
31/365 – Red and white make you alright
Go red this February and join in the fun for National Heart Month.
2011 is the British Heart Foundation’s 50th birthday, so what better time to join the celebrations? Get involved in Red for Heart to help raise funds for their vital work.
The BHF is the nation’s heart charity. Their vision is a world where people don’t die prematurely from heart disease.
They look to achieve this through pioneering research, vital prevention activity and ensuring quality care and support for everyone living with heart disease.
There’s lots you can do to keep your heart healthy – whatever your age.
Taking exercise, eating a healthy diet, encouraging children to be heart healthy and being aware of dangers such as smoking, drinking, high blood pressure and stress.
Prevention really is better than cure. People of all ages who are physically active are half as likely to get cardiovascular disease as those that are inactive.And a healthy diet helps to reduce your risk of developing heart disease, or if you’ve already got heart problems it will help to protect your heart.
We should all be thinking about our heart health and what we can do to keep as healthy as possible.